Honours and awards
- 2015 1st prize for best clinical publication, 21st Congress of Anaesthesiology, Greece: Cognitive Function and oxidative stress after carotid endarterectomy: Comparison of propofol to sevoflurane anesthesia.
- 2009 3rd prize at the 18th Congress of Anaesthesiology Greece: The role of propofol in lung injury following ischemia-reperfusion of the intestine
- 2008 3rd prize at the 26th Congress of Surgery: Attenuation of intestinal mucosa damage following major hepatectomy with desferrioxamine
- 2008 1st prize at the 10th Congress of Anesthesiology and Intensive Medicine of Northern Greece: Effect of the bioartificial liver on lung injury after hepatectomy
- 2006 1st prize at the National Greek Conference for Pangreatology: Investigation of the pancreatic function after major hepatectomy and postoperative support with hepatocyte bioreactor experimental pig model.
- 1999 - 2000 Honorary Scholarship from the State Scholarship Foundation for the award in his studies and ethics in academic year 1998 - 1999 (1st place in the National Panhellenic Exams) for study at the Medical School of the University of Athens
- 2012: Specialist title in Anesthesiology
- 2007 - 2012 training in Anesthesiology in the Department of Anesthesiology, University Hospital "Attikon", Athens, Greece.
- 2007: GP (country doctor internship), Fokida, Greece
- 2006: Military doctor
- 2005-2009 Promotion to PhD (Doctor of Philosophy) of the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens. Theme: "Changes in the bron-choalveolar lavage during anesthesia and postoperative support in an experimental model of acute liver failure in pigs The role of desferriox-amine." Note "summa cum laude"
- 1999 - 2005 Medical School of the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Greece.
- 2015: European Diploma in Regional Anesthesia (1st Part)
- 2014: Transesophageal echocardiography course (TOE), University Hospital Zurich (1st and 2nd part)
- 2014: RED Workshop, Zurich
- 2013: ALS Provider Course (ERC), Zurich
- 2013: Workshop of the Swiss Association for Regional Anesthesia
- 2013: Course in fiberoptic intubation, Zurich.
- 2012: European Diploma of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care, EDA.
- 2011: ATLS course
- 2013 - 2015 Training in Anesthesiology in the University Hospital of Zurich, one year of which in Cardiovascular Anesthesia and Intensive Care.
- 2011: Seminar "Management of difficult airway", "Diploma in management of airway" from the Greek airway management society.
- 2010: Course in "Key themes in medical education" from the Center for Medical Education, University of Dundee
- 2010: Clinical Seminar "Management of neuromuscular blockade"
- Since 2012 Editorial Board of "World Journal of Anaesthesiology"
- Since 2012 European Society of Regional Anaesthesia, ESRA
- Since 2013 Swiss Association of residents and Consultants, VSAO
- Since 2013 Swiss Medical Association, FMH
- 2005 - 2012 Medical Association of Athens
- Editorial Board of “World Journal of Anaesthesiology”
- 2010 - 2012 Scientific employee at the University Hospital for Anaesthesiology, Attikon Hospital, Greece
- 2010 - 2012 Lecturer for preclinical emergency medicine, Medical University Athens Translations from English into Greek “Advances in cell aging and gerontology”, “Emergency Medicine”, “Miller’s Anesthesia” and “Pharmacology”