Honours and awards
- Honours for outstanding performance in studies at the Faculty of Medicine, Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Faculty distinction for the Bachelor’s research project: Study on the appropriateness and correctness of antimicrobial prescribing in adult patients with bacterial infections.
- 2010-2016 Specialty Trainee in Anaesthesia, Intensive Care Medicine, and Pain Management, Ljubljana University Hospital und Maribor University Hospital, Slovenia
- 2009-2010 Specialty Trainee in Emergency Medicine, Maribor University Hospital, Slovenia
- 2002-2009 Faculty of Medicine, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia
2002-2009 Faculty of Medicine, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia
Continuing professional development
2007 Elective in Cardiology, Texas Heart Institute, Houston, Texas, USA
2005 Summer school for infectious diseases and immunity, Faculty of Medicine, University of Utrecht
2012-2016 Assistant to the Transplant Medicine Coordinator, Slovenia Transplant, Eurotransplant
2010 – 2016 Specialty Trainee in Anaesthesia (33 months), Intensive Care Medicine (29 months); Maribor University Hospital, Ljubljana University Hospital
- 2016 Nerve blocks: Anatomie, Nerve Stimulation and Ultrasound/Workshop an anatomical preparations and living models
- 2016 Postgraduate course on peripheral nerve blockade; 16th EuroPPNB Winter symposium
- 2015 European Diploma in Regional Anesthesia (EDRA) Part I
- 2015 Hands-on Workshop (US-guided upper extremity block)
- 2015 21st ESRA Cadaver Workshop
- 2014 European Diploma in Anaesthesia and Intensive Care (EDAIC) Part I. European Society of Anaesthesiology (ESRA)
- 2013 WINFOCUS refresher course
- 2012 Workshop on the Diagnosis of Brain Death (Eurotransplant)
- 2011 ATLS course 2012 WINFOCUS (ultrasound in emergency medicine) USLS provider course
- 2016 ESRA Educational Grant, Balgrist University Hospital, Switzerland
- 2010 European Commission Leonardo da Vinci Grant, St James's University Hospital, Leeds, UK (anaesthetics, liver transplantation)
- 2009 Erasmus Grant, Medical School, University of Nottingham, Nottingham, UK (medical research)
- 2002-2009 Ziga Zois Stipend for gifted students, Slovenia
- European Society of Anaesthesiology (ESA)
- European Society of Regional Anaesthesia (ESRA)
- Slovenian Medical Association
2012-2016 Transplantation medicine
2005-2009 Scientific assistant; Institute of Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia
Rupnik B, Sotler Z, Lejko Zupanc T. Audit of appropriateness and correctness of antimicrobial prescribing in adult patients with bacterial infections. Med razgl 2008; 47: 229–237.
H. Fortnum* BM BS DM, A. J. Lee, PhD, B. Rupnik, MD and A. Avery, DM FRCGP on behalf of the Yellow Card Study Collaboration. Survey to assess public awareness of patient reporting of adverse drug reactions in Great Britain. J Clin Pharm Ther 2012; 37: 161–165.
Markota A, Hajdinjak E, Rupnik B, Sinkovič A. Treatment of near-fatal beta blocker and calcium channel blocker intoxication with hyperinsulinemic euglycemia, intravenous lipid emulsions and high doses of norepinephrine. Signa vitae 2015; 10(1): 144-150.
Milan Z, Taylor C, Armstrong D, Davies P, Roberts S, Rupnik B, Suddle A. Does Preoperative Beta-blocker Use Influence Intraoperative Hemodynamic Profile and Post-operative Course of Liver Transplantation? Transplant Proc. 2016 Jan-Feb;48(1):111-5.