Nutritional counselling is an associated healthcare profession primarily involved in looking after and advising inpatients (and their relatives) in matters of diet.
The first priorities of nutrition support are to ensure that the diet meets the patient’s needs during the hospital stay and to optimise the patient’s nutritional status accordingly. Nutritional therapists coordinate the medical services, nursing services, diet cuisine, hotel services, and other areas involved.
- Poor nutrition and dietary deficiencies
- Metabolic disorders (e.g. diabetes and gout)
- Difficulties chewing or swallowing
- Food intolerances and allergies
- Cardiovascular diseases
- Gastrointestinal diseases (e.g. chronic constipation and coeliac disease)
- Rheumatology conditions (e.g. osteoporosis)
- Tube feeding
We will gladly book an appointment with a nutritional counsellor while you are in hospital.
You need a written medical prescription to book an appointment.
Monday - Friday
Phone: +41 44 386 32 10
Fax: +41 44 386 11 09