KD Dr. med. Stephan Wirth
Foot and ankle surgery
As a patient of Balgrist University Hospital, you can receive surgical treatment for a full spectrum of foot and ankle problems, including sports injuries and complications.
Thanks to intensive research, surgical techniques at Balgrist University Hospital are constantly being developed and updated and results just keep on getting better.
Treatments and procedures
The following surgical treatments and procedures are carried out on feet and ankles:
- bunion correction
- hammer toe / claw toe correction
- surgical treatment of hindfoot instability
- surgical reconstruction for chronic Achilles tendon problems
- complex reconstructions for deformities in the hindfoot, midfoot and forefoot
- artificial replacement joints for the upper ankle (total prosthesis of the upper ankle)
- arthroscopies and minimally invasive surgery on the upper ankle
- Mortons neuroma
- traumatology (injuries) of the foot and ankle