Physiotherapy at the Spinal Cord Injury Centre is responsible for the rehabilitation and repeat rehabilitation of inpatients and outpatients with complete or incomplete spinal cord injuries.
Offers / specialist services
- Individual and group therapy
- Independence training
- Co-ordination, strength, and endurance training
- Hydrotherapy in individual and group sessions. A sports pool (16.67 m, 31°C) and a hydrotherapy pool (33°C) are available.
- Locomotion training on the treadmill or Lokomat®
- Sports therapy: table tennis / curling / badminton / archery / billiards / swimming
- Equine-assisted therapy
- Facial-oral tract therapy (FOTT)
- Complex decongestive physiotherapy
- Supplying walking aids, together with the Department of Technical Orthopaedics and Balgrist Tec AG
- Home assessments together with occupational therapy
- City skills (shopping, cinema, museums, zoo, etc.)
- In-house cultural events (exhibitions, festivities)