Data privacy statement
The Balgrist Association/Balgrist University Hospital ("Balgrist") understands that protecting your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal information is used and shared online. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits the www.balgrist.ch website. Subject to the limited exceptions in Section 4, we do not collect personal information about you unless you contact us (see Section 5). The personal data we collect and process will only be used as permitted by law.
In this Statement, the following terms have the following meanings:
Personal Data means any data relating to an identifiable individual who can be identified, directly or indirectly, by means of such data. In this case, it is personal data that you provide to us via the use of our website or through requests. This definition includes, where applicable, the definitions of the Swiss Data Protection Act (DSG) as amended from time to time and/or the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
We/us/our(s) refers to Balgrist as defined above.
A website is the appearance of a company, person or organization on the World Wide Web. A website usually consists of many sub-websites, i.e. individual HTML documents.
2. What does this data privacy statement cover?
3. Your rights
As a data subject, you have the following rights under the DSG or DSGVO (as applicable):*.
- Right to information about the collection and use of personal data.
- Right to access the personal data we hold about you (see section 4).
- Right to rectification if any personal data we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten - i.e. the right to request that we erase your personal data.
- Right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data.
- Right to data portability (obtaining a copy of your personal data for further use by another service or organization).
- Right to object to the use of your personal data for certain purposes.
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
- If you have reason to object to the use of your personal data, please contact us using the contact details in Section 8 and we will do our best to resolve the issue for you. If we cannot help, you also have the right to file a complaint with the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (FDPIC) and/or a competent EU supervisory authority (depending on the jurisdiction).
*Other laws may contain different regulations, in particular regarding retention obligations.
4. What data do we collect?
Except as provided in Section 5, we do not collect any personal data from you.
When you send us an email, we may collect your name, email address and any other information you provide to us.
5. How do we use your data?
Insofar as we collect personal data, it will only be processed and stored for as long as is necessary based on the purpose for which it was collected. We will comply with our obligations and uphold your rights under the DSG and/or DSGVO at all times. For details on the security of your data, please see section 6.
As mentioned above, we generally do not collect personal data. If you contact us and we receive your personal data from your email, we may use it to respond to your email.
We do not share your personal data with third parties.
6. How and where do we save your personal data?
We save your personal data only for as long as we need it to use it as described in section 5 and/or as long as we have your consent to do so.
Your data will only be stored in Switzerland.
Data security is very important to us, and to protect your data we have taken appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your data.
7. How can you access your personal data?
You have the right to request a copy of your personal data stored by us (if any). For more information, please send us an email to the email address mentioned in section 8.
8. Contact us
If you have any questions about the Site or this Statement, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure your request is clear and includes all necessary information, especially if it is a request for information about the data we hold about you (see section 3).
We have the following data protection representation pursuant to Art. 27 GDPR in the European Economic Area (EEA) including the European Union (EU) and the Principality of Liechtenstein as an additional point of contact for supervisory authorities and data subjects for inquiries related to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR):
VGS Datenschutzpartner GmbH
Am Kaiserkai 69
20457 Hamburg, Deutschland
9. Amendments to this privacy statement
We may change this Statement from time to time (for example, if the law changes). Any changes will be posted on this website immediately and you will be deemed to have accepted the terms of the statement on your first use of the website www.balgrist.ch following the changes. We recommend that you visit this page regularly to stay up to date.
10. Cookie guideline
A cookie is a small piece of data (text file) that your browser (e.g. Chrome, Edge, etc.) stores on your device (your computer's hard drive, smartphone, or tablet) when instructed to do so by a website you visit, in order to "remember" or remember information about you, such as your language preferences or login information. These cookies are set by us and are called first-party cookies. We also use third-party cookies - which are cookies associated with a domain that is different from our website - for our advertising and marketing efforts.
- To distinguish natural persons using our website from machines ("bots");
- To assist with navigation and storage of selected preferences (e.g., regarding language, acceptance or non-acceptance of certain cookies);
- Assist you in registering for our events, logging in, and your ability to provide feedback;
- Analyzing your use of our website, products, services or applications;
- Assistance with our advertising and marketing efforts (including behavioral advertising).
- Below is a detailed list of the cookies we use on our website. Our website is regularly scanned with our cookie scan tool to provide the most accurate list possible.
Manage your cookie settings:
You can enable/disable any cookie category (except for strictly necessary cookies) by clicking on the "Cookie Settings" button in our cookie banner. By default, all cookies which are not strictly necessary are disabled.
We use the following cookies on our website:
Absolutely necessary cookies
These cookies are technically necessary for the website's functions and cannot be disabled. Typically, these cookies are only set in response to actions you take that correspond to a service request, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in, or filling out forms. You can set your browser to block these cookies or to notify you about these cookies. However, some areas of the website will then not function. These cookies do not store any personal data.
|Cookies (Cookie Key)
These cookies allow us to count visits to our website and traffic sources, and to obtain information about, for example, the duration and frequency of sub-pages viewed, the order of pages visited, etc., so that we can measure and improve the performance of our website. They indicate which pages are the most popular, which are the least used and how visitors move around the website. All information collected by these cookies is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies, we will not be able to know when you visited our website.
|Cookies (Cookie Key)
These cookies allow us to better tailor the website for your purposes by providing enhanced functionality and personalization. If you do not allow these cookies, some or all of these services may not function properly.
|Cookies (Cookie Key)
Cookies for marketing purposes
These cookies may be set through our website by our advertising partners. They may be used by these companies to profile your interests and show you relevant ads on other websites (e.g. personalized ads). They do not directly store personal data, but are based on a unique identification of your browser and internet device.
|Cookies (Cookie Key)
You can find more information about cookies in general, for example, on Cookiepedia.
Last updated: July 2023