University foot center
Do you have foot pain, foot problems or have you had an accident? In many cases, a clarification in several directions is essential for the diagnosis.
The University Foot Center offers through its recognized specialists the unique possibility of fully comprehensive clarification and treatment of simple to complex foot problems. The specialists of the foot center form the expertise so that the patients receive the individually optimal treatment.
Our foot center specializes in the following:
- Acute injuries of the lower leg, foot and ankle joint
- Correction of foot deformities and malpositions of the lower leg
- Full spectrum of reconstructive foot and ankle surgery
- Joint, capsule and tendon injuries
- Conservative and surgical treatment of diabetic foot and Charcot foot
- Foot problems in neurological diseases including orthotic fitting
- Complete spectrum of conservative therapies, especially orthopedic insoles and shoe fitting
Head of Foot Center
Head of departments
Our interdisciplinary departments
Highly specialized, modern and scientifically based medicine for patients in the area of the lower leg, ankle and foot by internationally recognized specialists.
Comprehensive conservative therapy with a focus on orthopedic insoles and shoe fitting, treatment for diabetic foot syndrome, and foot problems associated with underlying neurological conditions, including orthotic fitting.
The department offers comprehensive neurological examinations for neurological diseases of the foot and nerve damage.
Physical medicine and rheumatology focus on diseases of an inflammatory or degenerative nature. Conservative treatments are supplemented by physiotherapy, which is tailored to the foot.
Balgrist University Hospital, in collaboration with Zurich University Children's Hospital, offers on-site care for all orthopedic problems and musculoskeletal injuries of growing age.
An ideal alternative or complement to medical, surgical and physiotherapeutic treatments on the foot.