We consider clinical research to be an integral part of our work. Research leads to more precise diagnosis and targeted use of imaging procedures. In addition, it is an important measure of quality assurance.
Focus of research
- Clinical efficiency of magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) of the musculoskeletal system
- Diagnostic investigation of joints with MRI
- Image-guided interventions on the musculoskeletal system
- Image-guided pain therapy of the spine
- MRI and CT scanning of artificial joints with artefact reduction
Bayer (Schweiz) AG: Proportionate funding of positions for scientific research into quantitative MR imaging from the musculoskeletal system. Period: 01.2018 - 12.2020
Hip Imaging in Athletes: Sports Imaging Series
Agten CA, Sutter R, Buck FM, Pfirrmann CW
Radiology. 2016 Aug;280(2):351-69.
Quantitative Shear-Wave US Elastography of the Supraspinatus Muscle: Reliability of the Method and Relation to Tendon Integrity and Muscle Quality
Rosskopf AB, Ehrmann C, Buck FM, Gerber C, Flück M, Pfirrmann CW
Radiology. 2016 Feb;278(2):465-74.
Advances in MRI around metal
Jungmann PM, Agten CA, Pfirrmann CW, Sutter R
J Magn Reson Imaging. 2017 Mar 25.
[Epub ahead of print]
Arthroscopic Hip Surgery: Frequency of Postoperative MR Arthrographic Findings in Asymptomatic and Symptomatic Patients
Kim CO, Dietrich TJ, Zingg PO, Dora C, Pfirrmann CWA, Sutter R
Radiology. 2017 Jun;283(3):779-788