Sports Medicine Research
The Sports Medicine Research Group investigates related problems at the interface between clinical practice and sports. It supports leading national/international sports associations and clubs with tailor-made scientific projects.
Our focus centers on sustained health protection for elite athletes and further developments that point the way forward for the current diagnostic and rehabilitation concepts in Sports Medicine. These aspects ultimately also benefit recreational sportspersons and patients alike.
Prevention und rehabilitation of sports injuries
- Health monitoring and loading control
- Early recognition of physical deficits relevant to injury
- Objective assessment and individualized diagnosis and ‘return-to-sport’ decisions
- Development of sports-specific training and treatment strategies
with a particular focus on
- Trauma to the upper and lower limbs
- Overuse complaints in the knee, hip, back and hands
- Sports-related concussion
in the disciplines of Alpine skiing, sport climbing, soccer, and ice hockey.
Epidemiology, performance diagnostics, sports biomechanics and imaging.