Sports Medical Research
The Sports Medical Research Group investigates applied problems at the interface between clinic and sports practice. It supports leading national/international institutions, sports associations and clubs with tailored scientific projects.
Our focus is on sustainable health protection for competitive and recreational athletes, as well as the further development of current monitoring, diagnostic and treatment concepts in Sports Medicine. These aspects ultimately also benefit the general population and patients alike.
Prevention und rehabilitation of sports injuries
- Health monitoring and loading control
- Early recognition of physical deficits relevant to injury
- Objective assessment and individualized diagnosis and ‘return-to-sport’ decisions
- Development of sports-specific training and treatment strategies
with a particular focus on
- musculoskeletal system and sport
- internal medicine and sport
- women and sport
- children and sport
Epidemiology, performance diagnostics, sports biomechanics and imaging.